Friday, June 30, 2006

Millionaire Mind

I have been reading Secrets of the Millionare Mind by T. Harv Eker. It's turned out to be pretty interesting. Eker states that it's our money blueprint that enables us to either succeed or fail. In order to succeed we must have our money blueprint in order. Part of this is actually wanting to be rich. Eker says that there are three levels of so-called wanting.

The First Level is "I want to be rich." That's another way of saying, "I'll take it if it falls in my
lap."
The Second Level is "I choose to be rich." This entails deciding to become rich.
The Third Level of wanting is "I commit to being rich." The definition of the word commit is
"to devote oneself unreservedly." This means holding absolutely nothing back; giving 100
percent of everthing you've got to achieving wealth. It means being willing to do whatever it
takes for as long as it takes. This is the warrior's way. No excuses, no ifs, no buts, no maybes
-and failure is not an option. The warrior's way is simple: "I will be rich or I will die trying."
(Eker, pg. 69)
The third level of wanting is so empowering. How awesome is that? The warrior's way - "I will be rich or I will die trying." Now that is commitment. As my commitment to being rich, I plan on working on a five year plan and setting some goals with my wife. I also commit myself to making a budget and paying off our credit cards. I plan to continue investing and following the Rule #1 method. Taking small steps makes things manageable, and will keep me on track.