Thursday, December 07, 2006

Some Tips For Holiday Shopping

Here are some holiday tips for Christmas shopping. First make a list of all of the people that you are shopping for. Next come up with a budget that you are willing to spend on each person. This will keep you from splurging and going crazy shopping. Some other tips would be to shop online. It is easy to compare prices without having to go too far and you don't have to deal with all of the crazy people in the malls and stores, fighting over the new tickle me Elmo dolls, or get shot trying to get a PS3. I guess the best tip would be to start early, so it is less stressful and you can get everything on your list. Too bad that I can't follow my own advice. I always like to wait until the last minute so that I get totally stressed and then swear that I will never do this again, until next year that is. Anyway I guess the secret is planning, and for once in my life I am going to try it out or maybe I can talk my wife into doing all the shopping.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amateur Investor,

This is a great post. Budgeting is an extremely important part of any financial decision we make, especially when it comes to buying gifts. Sometimes it's our stomach being bigger than our eyes that gets us in trouble. Other times it's our generosity being bigger than our bank account balance!